Friday, August 1, 2008

knit 'n purl kitchenware

Part of me feels like a huge dork for posting these, but people who think knitting is stupid aren't likely to be checking out this blog anyway, so here's the latest exciting news on my jazzing-up-the-kitchen activities:


I still can't quite believe I'm using this to wash dishes with, given how much time I put into it - not that it was difficult, just kind of involved. You can see the pattern here if you like. This is the work in progress:


The yarn I used was a wool/acrylic blend. Cotton would have made more sense but I couldn't find any suitable cotton yarn at my local shop and wanted to use these stupidly bright pinks anyway. It's a bit weird - kind of like washing dishes with a piece of a sweater - but the thing will felt over time and be more cloth-like.

Next up: something to keep my mugs from clacking obnoxiously against the glass desktop.


These do very nicely! Insanely fast and easy pattern. You can see a little bit more of the design here:


...though it's still not all that clear.

No comments: