Wednesday, July 23, 2008

look, I stuffed it!

I've been working on something kind of like this hedgehog for the bpal.org summer critter swap. All the knitting was out of the way days ago, but the poor guy had to spend a while languishing limply in my desk drawer until I had the spare cash to buy stuffing for him (he was tucked in the desk drawer where I couldn't see him because he was just too depressing in his unstuffed state).

This afternoon I was finally able to go and get some critter stuffing, and now he's looking much better, though he still needs some eyes:


I'm rather pleased with how it turned out! Given that it's, y'know, brown yarn and a not-terribly-detailed elongated shape, I was kind of worried that I'd wind up with something resembling a knit Mr. Hanky, but in the end he's pretty darn hedgehoggy.

I'll post a final glamour shot when I attach his eyes and decide on a name.

No comments: